COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
Diabetes Prevention Program
Have you checked your A1C? Has your doctor talked to you about pre-diabetes?
Join a free diabetes prevention program hosted in partnership by theNEWmpls and Ramsey County.
Ramsey County community members are invited to learn about a free, year-long online diabetes prevention program. Chaz and her team will help you prioritize your health to heal yourself and your family. You and fellow community members will learn how to:
- Move your body through daily fitness.
- Eat well on a budget.
- Control your sugar intake.
The program begins on Wednesday, March 2 at 6:30 p.m. During the first 16 weeks, participants will meet virtually with Chaz, her team, and fellow community members once a week for one hour. After that, participants will meet virtually twice a month. All meetings will take place via Zoom. Family members are invited to attend.
As a participant, you will:
- Learn about foods that can help reverse diabetes.
- Access healthy, quick and low-cost recipes for your whole family to enjoy.
- Take fitness classes taught by Chaz and learn low cost, high impact exercise routines.
- Gain a sense of community to help you succeed and reach your goals.
- Have all the resources you need to be empowered to live your healthiest life.
Before the program begins, all participants will have the chance to meet Chaz and will receive the program materials, a welcome bag and a water bottle.
This program session is limited to 25 participants. Register below to attend a virtual information session with Chaz.
Email Chaz and her team at: [email protected].