Back to List

On My Terms offers more options for sexual violence survivors in Ramsey County

There are now more options for reporting sexual violence in Ramsey County. Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Health’s SOS Sexual Violence Services has partnered with the Saint Paul Police Department to give survivors more control on how, when and to whom their assault is reported through the On My Terms program.

If the crime occurred in Ramsey County and you are over 18 years old, you can now make an initial report directly to an SOS sexual assault advocate who will deliver the report on your behalf. SOS and Saint Paul Police Department now offer three choices through On My Terms on how a sexual assault case can be processed:

  • Report: Your sexual assault advocate will provide your case to the police. You can choose not to have a formal investigation.  
  • Report and Review: After you Report, you can speak with an investigator about your case and discuss what next steps may take place.  
  • Report and Investigate: After you Report, your case will be assigned to an investigator for formal investigation. 

“On My Terms is an alternative reporting program that enables survivors to get connected up front to help and support services, and fulfill their desire for justice,” said Saint Paul – Ramsey County Public Health Director Sara Hollie . “It also gives victims more control on how an assault is reported and to make decisions on what’s best for their own healing.”

“It’s important for the community to hold offenders accountable. But it’s equally important that the victim/survivor be supported so their future has the highest chances for recovery and well-being. On My Terms allows for that process to happen with this victim-centered approach,” said Saint Paul Chief Axel Henry. “It connects those in need with advocates immediately to provide them help and support in a manner that works best for them and their situation.  Being a victim of a crime is hard enough.  We owe it to them to make sure the process or reporting doesn’t make things any worse.”

If you are in immediate danger, please call 911. If you would like to report a sexual assault directly to the police, please contact your local police department.

To connect with an SOS sexual assault advocate from Public Health:

Funding for On My Terms is provided to SOS through a Violence Against Women Act grant administered by the U.S. Department of Justice. Learn more at

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 1:16 p.m.