COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
Lions Park at Long Lake Regional Park
Lions Park, located in New Brighton, is adjacent to Long Lake Regional Park. The park features a softball field, lacrosse/multipurpose field, play area, trails and related park amenities. Ramsey County and the city of New Brighton have collaborated to develop additional amenities to support the existing infrastructure, including a rentable picnic shelter and a permanent family restroom facility.
Ramsey County and the city of New Brighton have a shared vision of enhancing the quality of life for their residents. These added amenities aim to add to the story of creating spaces to bring people together, with inclusive design for users of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Create a restroom facility to serve Lions Park with six family bathrooms, each outfitted with sink, toilet and changing area.
- Create an open-air picnic shelter, to accommodate up to 144 users.
- Provide ADA-compliant, universally designed facilities to allow full accessibility and usability for all park patrons, regardless of age, ability, gender, language or mobility.
- Complement existing Lions Park facilities including softball field, lacrosse field, play areas, parking lot and trails.
- Complement existing Long Lake Regional Park facilities including beach, pavilion, playing fields, parking lots, trail and natural areas.
- Create net-zero energy facilities through optimal building orientation, daylighting/natural ventilation, and installation of renewable energy to ensure sufficient energy is produced on the site to offset energy consumption.
Project status and timeline
- Construction for the Lions Park restrooms – June 2020 - fall 2020.
- Construction for the Lions Park picnic shelter – spring 2021 - fall 2021.