Safety and Justice
The Safety and Justice service team consists of five departments:
- The County Attorney’s Office (elected office)
- Sheriff’s Office (elected office)
- Emergency Communications Department
- Medical Examiner’s Office
- Emergency Management and Homeland Security Department.
The Service Team also provides support functions for the Second Judicial District Court. The service team focuses on initiatives and projects that work toward enhancing the wellbeing of residents through effective public safety and justice services to keep all residents and visitors safe.
Our priorities and mission
Our strategic priorities aligned with the county’s vision for a vibrant community where all are valued and thrive. The Service Team three key strategic priorities:
- Aligning talent attraction, retention and promotion.
- Putting well-being and community at the center of Justice System Transformation.
- Residents first: effective, efficient and accessible operations.
Learn more about our key strategic priorities and performance measures.