Child Care Assistance

Contact us
Alert symbol on red background

COVID-19 update

The Government Center East Building is closed for in-person appointments. For the limited situations where it is not possible for a resident to interact with staff via telephone or online, Financial Assistance Services staff are available at the Service Centers.

To apply for Child Care Assistance visit:

All Financial Assistance intake interviews will take place over the phone, rather than in-person. After an application is submitted and assigned, your assigned financial worker will call you for your phone interview. Clients can send applications and verifications via email to [email protected], fax to 651-266-3942 or drop them off in a form drop box at sites throughout the county. See form drop-off & walk-in assistance sites.

COVID-19 information and resources

Child care assistance

Ramsey County provides financial assistance through the Minnesota Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) to parents who can’t afford child care. CCAP provides child care assistance to families who have been on the Minnesota Family Investment Program or Diversionary Work Program in the last 12 months and to others who meet income guidelines on a sliding scale.

Funds are available for children up to age 12, and for children with special needs up to age 15.

Parents receiving child care assistance may pay part of the child care cost based on income and size of family.

Apply for child care assistance

Find child care

Resources for providers

Child care complaints or suspected fraud

Frequently asked questions