COVID-19 updates: Free vaccine clinics
Financial Assistance Services Action Teams
Financial Assistance Services is currently looking for community members to serve on two action teams:
- Financial Assistance Services Racial Equity Community Action Team.
- Ramsey United.
Racial Equity Community Action Team
This action team welcomes community members different experiences to help make decisions that positively impact residents and the department. This team will work to advance racial and health equity in the day-to-day operations of Financial Assistance Services and guide development of a racial equity action plan.
Who should join?
- Community members who have have received financial assistance from the county. Assistance includes, but is not limited to: Cash benefits, SNAP, Medical Assistance, Emergency Assistance, etc.
- Individuals who are committed in advancing Racial Equity through shared power and decision making.
- Black/African American, Indigenous, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Community members will receive:
$50 per meeting.
Apply through the form below.
Ramsey United members partner Financial Assistance Services staff to plan community engagement meetings and events that provide community voice and client perspectives.
Who should join?
- People who live in Ramsey County AND have received Financial Assistance Services.
- Community members who are committed to improving the Financial Assistance Services experience for all.
- Those who are able to work with a variety of people.
- People who are skilled in listening and verbal communication.
12-month term in the position with attendance at four quarterly events and 1-2 planning meetings prior to each quarterly event. (Subject to change)
Compensation and support
- $50 per meeting.
- Opportunity and support to learn or maintain skills.
- Hot meals provided at meetings held over the dinner hour.
- Childcare and interpreters are available.