Land Use - Ramsey County 2040
- Land use and zoning decisions are made by municipalities rather than the county.
- Encourage greater intensity of use, infill and development through partnerships with cities.
- Prioritize the protection of Primary Conservation Areas via conservation-minded management decisions on county-owned property as well as coordination with local government units.
- Improve conditions and restore habitat on county-owned land within Primary Conservation Areas.
- Encourage the creation, connection and maintenance of open space, recreational facilities, and public access to the river.